- Select 10 or more schools to apply to in the coming fall.
- Continue to be involved with school and community activities to build your student résumé.
- Plan your senior year extracurricular activities. Sign up to join school clubs and organizations that interest you and be a LEADER in those organizations.
- Take the ACT® this month.
- Register for the SAT Subject Tests™ scheduled in June (if colleges and universities you plan to apply to in the fall require SAT Subject Tests™).
- Continue to check national scholarship notifications. Print (or save to an electronic file) information on scholarships you want to apply to in the fall. If possible, get a head start on the process by filling out applications and writing scholarship essays this summer.
- Strengthen your relationships with teachers, counselors, coaches, employers and community members. These are the people you will ask for recommendations in the coming fall. Continue to get to know these people and expand your hard-working, respectful relationships with them.
- If you’re interested in attending a military academy, request information to learn about that academy and their admission requirements.
- Research opportunities for summer employment, internships, volunteering, or coursework. Use summer months wisely to develop and improve your student résumé.