- Use a day planner or calendar to organize assignments, schedule events, and to meet deadlines.
- Plan to meet with your high school/college-career counselor at least every six months to ensure you are on target for graduating high school and fulfilling college admission requirements.
- To get a head start on the financial aid process, start researching scholarships. Some scholarships are available for high school freshman.
- Sign up for high school extracurricular activities. Plan to take on leadership roles in a few activities this school year. Leadership is one of the most valuable student qualifications sought by college admission officers.
- Plan to join academic programs and organizations that recognize high-achieving students.