- Remind your parents to complete Federal tax returns in early February.
- See your doctor about required immunizations for college. Numerous colleges and universities require incoming freshman to receive Hepatitis B immunization. The Hepatitis B vaccination is given in 3 doses over a 5- to 6-month period.
- Make any needed corrections to the FAFSA and CSS/PROFILE® based on your parents' Federal tax returns.
- Deferred / Wait-listed? Write a brief letter to the college admissions officer handling your file highlighting all achievements and activities since your original application was submitted.
- Continue watching for announcements of local and regional scholarships. Apply to all those in which you are eligible.
- Mail all supplemental financial aid documents requested by your colleges. Any delay in mailing these materials will delay your receipt of financial aid awards.
- Consider sending a letter of special circumstance to the financial aid office at each of your colleges. Financial aid officers have the ability to increase financial aid based on "unusual" family situations.