- Earn top grades this semester - this is the last semester to earn excellent grades before applying to college next fall.
- Review your PSAT/NMSQT® scores. Work on improving your weak subject areas before taking the ACT® in April and the SAT Reasoning Test™ in May.
- Take SAT Subject Test(s)™ this month (if you have transition block scheduling and are registered to take SAT Subject Test(s)™).
- Update your student résumé. Include all accomplishments and activities from fall semester.
- Continue to think about college majors. Make a list of your top interests, values, and skills. Do research on possible careers that may generate interest in a specific major.
- Based on last semester’s grades, join academic programs and organizations that recognize high-achieving students. See your high school counselor for instructions on membership.
- Check with your high school/college-career counselor on your progress with achieving your four-year plan. Update your four-year plan to match revisions made to your education / career goals.
- Apply for college summer enrichment programs of interest. Many programs get booked early so submit your application as soon as possible.
- Continue participating in extracurricular activities (inside and outside of school). Dedicate yourself to a few extracurricular activities and work toward leadership positions. Sign up for leadership roles in clubs, organizations, committees, and other activities you are involved with this spring semester.