- Start / continue saving money for college. It’s smart to save, but beware of pitfalls.
- Start thinking about the cost of college and how much you and your family can afford. Knowing how much you can afford may help with deciding which colleges and universities to apply to in fall of your senior year.
- If you wish to get a head start on the financial aid process, start researching scholarships. Some scholarships are available for high school sophomores.
- If you want to play collegiate sports, take the steps necessary in increase your eligibility and to market your athletic abilities.
- Obtain a Social Security Card (if you don’t already have one). A Social Security number is required for college applications, standardized tests, and financial aid.