- Update your student résumé to include freshman year activities and accomplishments.
- Continue to think about college majors. Conduct research on careers that may spark interest in a specific major; talk with your parents and counselor.
- Be active this summer : Work a job or internship, provide volunteer service, take an advanced credit course, attend a college summer enrichment program or perform other activities. Use summer months wisely to build your student résumé.
- If your summer activities include a job, internship, or volunteer service, give it your all and be outstanding. Work to impress your bosses and supervisors; these are people you may ask for letters of recommendation in the fall of your senior year . . . but only if you do an excellent job for them this summer.
- If interested, visit a few college campuses this summer.
- Continue to build your vocabulary by reading during summer months (and throughout the year).
- Continue to build strong academic, language and critical thinking skills during your four years of high school.
- Parents – Plan to help your student with planning and tracking activities that prepare them for the college admission process.