- Think about which extracurricular activities you wish to participate in during high school. There are numerous opportunities.
- Be outstanding in your job, internship, volunteer service or academic pursuits this summer. Work to impress your supervisors and academic instructors; these are people you may ask for letters of recommendation in the fall of your senior year . . . but only if you do an excellent job for them.
- Use a small notebook to jot down your activities and accomplishments as you complete them. You will refer to this notebook when writing your student résumé.
- Build your vocabulary by reading during summer months (and throughout the year).
- Build strong academic, language and critical thinking skills during your four years of high school.
- Parents – Help your student this year with planning and tracking activities that prepare them for the college admission process.