- Register for the SAT Subject Tests™ covering courses you took this year while the material is fresh in your mind. You should take Subject Tests as soon as possible after completing the relevant course in that subject.
- Begin thinking seriously about your career goals and interests. Researching career options may help you decide on a college major.
- Think about job shadowing. Contact professionals in your home town that will permit you to accompany them for a day to observe what they do. Professionals can offer valuable insights about careers and what it takes to get a job in that field.
- Research college factors important to you to help research colleges that best fit your needs.
- If you have identified colleges of interest, consider visiting their campuses during spring break.
- Start thinking about summer activities – Work a job or internship, provide volunteer service, take an advanced credit course, a community college class, or perform another activity to build your student résumé.