- Begin the process of selecting a college major. Consider your interests, skills, talents, and personality. It's alright to begin college with an undeclared major, but deciding on a major while in high school will help with researching and finding the colleges and universities that suit you best.
- If you're interested in attending one of the military academies, learn about the application process so you will be prepared to apply in spring of your junior year.
- Learn about financial aid. Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on your GPA, so do well in your coursework.
- Complete applications for junior-year scholarships with fall deadlines. Apply for national scholarships in which your qualifications match scholarship criteria.
- Research college summer enrichment programs for high school students. If you find a summer program of interest, start the application process next month.