- Take the PSAT/NMSQT® this month. To be extra confident, familiarize yourself with the test ahead time by taking practice tests. On the test sheet, check the box that releases your name to colleges so you can start receiving information from them.
- Note future SAT® and ACT® dates if you plan to take the tests multiple times during your junior year.
- Meet with your high school/college-career counselor to talk about college majors and possible careers. Continue to develop a relationship with your counselor so he/she can get to know you and your interests.
- Continue to research scholarships for juniors. During your research, if you find scholarships for senior year students you're interested in applying for next year, make notes for your future reference.
- Develop teacher and senior classmen relationships. Plan to use teachers and older high school students as mentors. Learn what you can from college-bound students going through the college admission process so you will be better prepared when you begin the process in spring of your junior year.
- Begin thinking about who you will ask for recommendations next year. Think about teachers, counselors, coaches, employers, and community members you might ask for letters of recommendation. Work to build hard working, respectful relationships with these people.