- Visit with college representatives who travel to your high school. Remember to be professional in all interactions with college and university representatives.
- Start writing your student résumé.
- Explore your career and college interests. Talk with both your parents and high school/college-career counselor.
- Work with your parents and counselor to develop a student theme. Ideally, your in-school and out-of school activities should support your theme.
- Attend college fairs (or “college nights”) hosted by your high school or other nearby schools. Pick up information and speak with college representatives to learn about options for college.